Saturday, August 2, 2008

ArtFest


George and I participated as art vendors in our first Art Show. There were about 25 artists present. It was a hot day with a breeze that at times burst into gigantic gusts that blew my pieces off their stands. We met a number of interesting artists and visitors and I collected quite a few tidbits regarding art shows, should we decide to do another one.

After paying for rented tables, sacks, gas, etc. I think we might have broken even with the few sales that we had. The crowd definitely was not large. I don't believe it was very well advertised. It was the 1st Art Show this group had put on before. Overall, though I had a good experience, learned a lot and had some interest in my work. I was disappointed though that I had to miss my yearly family reunion. There's always next year!

No comments: