Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The sweet smell of encaustic

Oh, my gosh--what a day. Learning new techniques and working on new projects. I've gotten 7 small boards done, all quite different. Met some great people also.

Tonight 3 lectures all fantastic. Amy Arbus  is teaching a photography class. Check out her work here. Stephen Hogbin is teaching the class that George is taking on conceptual woodturning. And Nathan Lynch is a sculptor who gave an extremely funny presentation. I love his bird images. He also did  very funny wheel project where he drug a wheel around different cities over a period of 4-5 years. 

1 comment:

Heidi K. Rettig said...

Ummmmm...hellooooo? How did I miss that you started a blog? LOVE IT! Can't wait to see your new work! What glue are you using by the way? I've been having trouble with my Yes! paste on board.