Friday, July 18, 2008

Africa calling


George and I had a lovely first-time meeting and lunch with Tammi and Chris (Peace Corps volunteers) in May before they took off for Ghana in Africa and their first Peace Corp assignment. I've thought about joining the Peace Corps since my high school days and the idea has been haunting me more and more lately. I found Tammi and Chris by accident as I was looking through Iowa State University's web site so asked them to lunch. They were very kind to meet with George and me in between their busy packing schedule. What a delightful couple of hours we had with them.

I've been looking for a blog from them and the internet has prevailed. What an adventure they are having. Check out their blog here.

1 comment:

Dreams and Designs said...

Oh wow, I used to want to do that too!! (before kids). Now I'll have to wait another 20 years!