Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Weekend by the Mighty Mississippi


I spent last weekend in Dubuque attending a conference. Found a B&B to stay at in the historic Langworthy district. The conference was at the Grand Harbor Resort which is located right on the river. I happened upon an art gallery opening on Friday night which I enjoyed, then took a ride on the Fenelon Place Elevator. A lovely view from the top where you can see 3 states. Wisconsin, Iowa and Illionois. My group practiced tai chi on Sunday morning outside on the riverwalk. A fun but tiring weekend. Stopped at the Field of Dreams Movie site on the drive over on Friday and also in Grinnell which has some beautiful Louis Sullivan architecture.

1 comment:

Dreams and Designs said...

Sounds like fuN! I do an event every year at that same hotel- it';s very nice!